
A chilly Sunday morning with crystal blue sky and perfect warm light. Fall is here and school starts for me this week - its always hard to see summer end.
Barack has made a commitment to education and
sees clearly how quality learning can change lives - especially for children who are socially disadvantaged. He plans to speak to kids throughout our country, via webcast, as they begin a new school year to encourage hard work and persistence. Staying in school will make a difference in what happens afterward and supporting each other in the process will benefit all. A great idea - the president offering a positive message about education directly to the ones who will benefit most. But apparently some parents are opposed to this fearing that Obama is trying to indoctrinate their kids with socialist propaganda. When I hear things like this I am completely taken aback. How can something so inherently constructive be twisted into something so perversely destructive? Fear? I have a feeling that the focus on socialism and liberalism is a smoke screen for the real issue of racism. It is truly sad that even the most benign efforts can be transformed into a cancer by an angry, threatened few.
Barack has made a commitment to education and
sees clearly how quality learning can change lives - especially for children who are socially disadvantaged. He plans to speak to kids throughout our country, via webcast, as they begin a new school year to encourage hard work and persistence. Staying in school will make a difference in what happens afterward and supporting each other in the process will benefit all. A great idea - the president offering a positive message about education directly to the ones who will benefit most. But apparently some parents are opposed to this fearing that Obama is trying to indoctrinate their kids with socialist propaganda. When I hear things like this I am completely taken aback. How can something so inherently constructive be twisted into something so perversely destructive? Fear? I have a feeling that the focus on socialism and liberalism is a smoke screen for the real issue of racism. It is truly sad that even the most benign efforts can be transformed into a cancer by an angry, threatened few.

VERY interesting!!!! good points...
ReplyDeletethat picture is fabulous!!! shows a lot a bout him and how the adults of the future feel about him!!!! Obama does, however, have one of the worst jobs in the world!!! I wonder how he is coping???!!!??