It continues to be disheartening to watch as our government virtually shuts down due to stubbornness and ill will. I have always valued dialogue and learning - learning about ideas and opinions that I don't share. Rather than categorizing opposing views as ignorant, ill-informed, idiotic, malicious - I hope to come to understand others better. Although all of us are dealing with the same human shortcomings and trials, we are not coming from the same experiences & backgrounds which makes for varied perspectives. It would seem that the people given the responsibility of runing a goverment for all it's people would want to investigate differences and find common goals, a common language. It seems simple and I truly believe that our president thinks this way. This is why I was hopeful a year ago - hopeful that his example & leadership would open new paths. Unfortunately many are determined to stay the course and continue to infect this great nation with fear, conflict, anger and a disabling negative energy. I continue to be hopeful - but am not so joyful at the momentThursday, February 11, 2010
Log Jam
It continues to be disheartening to watch as our government virtually shuts down due to stubbornness and ill will. I have always valued dialogue and learning - learning about ideas and opinions that I don't share. Rather than categorizing opposing views as ignorant, ill-informed, idiotic, malicious - I hope to come to understand others better. Although all of us are dealing with the same human shortcomings and trials, we are not coming from the same experiences & backgrounds which makes for varied perspectives. It would seem that the people given the responsibility of runing a goverment for all it's people would want to investigate differences and find common goals, a common language. It seems simple and I truly believe that our president thinks this way. This is why I was hopeful a year ago - hopeful that his example & leadership would open new paths. Unfortunately many are determined to stay the course and continue to infect this great nation with fear, conflict, anger and a disabling negative energy. I continue to be hopeful - but am not so joyful at the moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment