Yesterday the Nobel Peace Prize was given to President Obama and I was moved, thoroughly heartened that his intention to work toward a more peaceful way of life has been acknowledged and rewarded. However, the response has been mixed. There are many who think this award should be given to someone who has delivered - managed to realize an idea in a visible, tangible, measured way and they find him undeserving. It will certainly take more than one lifetime to turn things around. But I think it is wonderful that our president really believes that peace is possible. And I am hopeful that he will touch not only the citizens of this country with that belief but, by example, have influence with the citizens of the world .Saturday, October 10, 2009
Peace Prize
Yesterday the Nobel Peace Prize was given to President Obama and I was moved, thoroughly heartened that his intention to work toward a more peaceful way of life has been acknowledged and rewarded. However, the response has been mixed. There are many who think this award should be given to someone who has delivered - managed to realize an idea in a visible, tangible, measured way and they find him undeserving. It will certainly take more than one lifetime to turn things around. But I think it is wonderful that our president really believes that peace is possible. And I am hopeful that he will touch not only the citizens of this country with that belief but, by example, have influence with the citizens of the world .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yes!
ReplyDelete